Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- Log in to vRealize Operations as an admin user.
- Click the Administration icon. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Dell EMC XtremIO from the Solutions list.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple instances of the Management Pack
- Basic Settings:
Note: The Management Pack supports IPv4 and IPv6.
- Host: XtremIO Management Server hostname or IP address
- Protocol: HTTP/HTTPS; default is HTTPS
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (XtremIO).
- Advanced Settings:
- Collectors/Groups: Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- Timeout: Allows you to specify the amount of time to wait for each system request to return before the adapter moves on to the next request; default value is 15 seconds.
Note: The Timeout minimum value is 15 and the maximum value is 300.
- Port: Default port is 443
- SSL Trust Store Path: Optional; if left blank, all server certificates are trusted by vROps. For added security, enable SSL by Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (XtremIO), then entering the path to the truststore location in this field.
- Collect Events: True/False, default is True
- Minimum Event Severity: To help mitigate “alert storms,” this setting allows you to define which events (as defined by the XtremIO REST API) the adapter will collect based on the selected severity. Only events of the selected severity or greater will be collected. The default (and lowest) setting is Information . Other options (of increasing severity) are: Minor, Major, and Critical.
- Support Autodiscovery: Default setting is True, which enables the adapter instance to create resources for you. This should not be set to False.
- Instance Settings:
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (XtremIO).