The Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP creates Resource Kinds and External Relationships (associations) for critical resources in your F5 BIG-IP environment.
Performance, health, and availability data are collected for the following F5 BIG-IP resource kinds:
- F5 BIG-IP Adapter Instance
- F5 BIG-IP Device Group (requires F5 BIG-IP Administrator access)
- F5 BIG-IP Device
- F5 BIG-IP System
- F5 BIG-IP Pool
- F5 BIG-IP Pool Member
- F5 BIG-IP GTM Pool
- F5 BIG-IP GTM Pool Member
- F5 BIG-IP Node
- F5 BIG-IP Virtual Server
- F5 BIG-IP Application
- F5 BIG-IP World (NOTE: This resource is a meta grouping of objects in your F5 environment, and is used primarily for reporting super metrics.)
Relationships among discovered resources are also created by the Management Pack. The hierarchical structure of those relationships is depicted in the diagram below.
F5 BIG-IP Relationships Diagram
In addition to external relationships to the VMware virtual layer, this Management Pack includes external relationships for True Visibility Suite customers who are also using vROps Management Packs for Nutanix and/or KVM.
The following external relationships between F5 BIG-IP and other resources can be discovered:
- VMware/Nutanix/KVM VM > F5 Node
- VMware/Nutanix/KVM VM > F5 Device