The VMware vRealize® True Visibility™ Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance and capacity data from your F5 BIG-IP environment and providing predictive analytics and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
The Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP includes the following key features:
- Aggregated monitoring of BIG-IP to provide one-stop viewing of health and performance from dashboards, views, and alerts across the entire F5 BIG-IP environment
- Managed relationships to the VMware, Nutanix, and/or KVM virtual layers, which provide visibility into load-balanced applications and host health and performance, allowing for faster identification of root cause issues
- Visibility into F5 iApps® application service monitoring to provide calculated client and server side network performance
- Smart alerting for cluster failover, certificate expiration, and BIG-IP LTM component health and other concerns
- BIG-IP system planning through vRealize Operations Manager capacity definitions and projects around core metrics (CPU, Memory, Disk)
|4.0.0||October 6, 2020||Initial release for VMware vRealize® True Visibility™|
Known Issues / Limitations
For this release of the Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP, the following Known Issues/Limitations exist:
- Monitoring is limited to BIG-IP Devices, Local Traffic Manager (LTM), and select Global Traffic Manager (GTM) resources.
- New users of the Management Pack may encounter issues with the F5 BIG-IP Health Investigation dashboard populating upon initial install. This is a pre-existing issue that occurs when the VM tag initially creates relationships to VMs. If you encounter this issue, we recommend waiting for the tag to populate, then re-starting your vROps system or re-installing the dashboard.