If relationships between HPE ProLiant and VMware Hosts and VMs are not automatically created, try enabling the collection of Host System IP Addresses, Host System UUIDs, and VM Mac Addresses by editing your active policy in vRealize Operations.
The vCenter Management Pack must be installed and collecting.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the left panel, select Policies.
- In the right panel, take note of the active policy listed in the Active tab, then click the Policy Library tab.
- Select the active policy from the list.
- Select the Edit icon.
- Select 5. Collect Metrics and Properties
- Ensure only the Property Attribute Type is selected, then filter on "IP".
- In the filtered list, select the Network I/O|IP Address property for the Host System object type, then change the State field from Inherited to Local
- Next, filter on "UUID". In the filtered list, select the Summary|Host UUID property for the Host System object type, then change the State field from Inherited to Local
- Lastly, filter on "Mac Address". In the filtered list, select the for the Network I/O|Mac Address property for the Virtual Machine object type, then change the State field from Inherited to Local
- Click Save to apply your property state overrides for your active vROps policy.