Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select DB2 Adapter from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Name list on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Display Name: Enter a name for this particular instance of the management pack.
- Description: Optional field, but it can be helpful to describe multiple adapter instances of the management pack.
Database Name(s): Enter the name of your DB2 database
Host: Enter the hostname (or IP address) of your DB2 database.
Port: Enter the port to connect to; default port for the first database instance in DB2 is 50000.
Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (IBM DB2).
- Collector: The collector you select determines which vRealize Operations Manager collector is used to manage the adapter processes. Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information.
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (IBM DB2).