How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for IBM HMC accesses the HMC RESTful API to import HMC resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations. This enables comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting of your HMC and PowerVC environment.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring your IBM HMC environment from within vRealize Operations, see the following pages:
- Review the System Requirements (IBM HMC) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Have your HMC hostname, username, and password readily available.
- Set up a Least Privileged User for HMC. See: Setting Up a Least Privileged User for IBM HMC.
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (IBM HMC).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (IBM HMC). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (IBM HMC).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (IBM HMC).