Once you have finished Installing the Management Pack (IBM PowerVC) and Configuring the Management Pack (IBM PowerVC), check the Collection State and Collection Status for the adapter instance on the Solutions page. If they show as Not Collecting or No Data Receiving , respectively, the following troubleshooting topics can help you diagnose and correct common problems with your adapter instance.
Test Connection Errors
|"Please verify the Username and Password are correct."|
|"Connection Refused. Please verify the Host and Port are correct."|
|"404 not found. Check that the Host and/or API version are correct."|
|"Please verify user permissions."|
|"Failed to establish an SSL connection. Please verify the SSL Configuration is correct."||The SSL Certificate is likely not imported into the truststore|
Adapter and Collector Log Files
You can review adapter errors in the adapter and collector log files, which can be viewed in the vROps UI or in an external log viewer.
- Adapter log files are located in the $VCOPS_BASE/user/log/adapters/IBMPowerVCAdapter folder.
- Collector log files are located in the $VCOPS_BASE/user/log/ folder.
To set the base log level for the collector in vROps:
- Navigate to Administration > Support > Logs.
- Expand the MASTER folder, then select the COLLECTOR folder.
- Click the Edit Properties icon.
- In the Root logger level drop-down menu, select the desired option.
- The default logging level is warning.
- To troubleshoot issues, set the logging level to info.
- To view detailed messages, including micro steps, queries, and returned results, set the logging level to debug.
For more information about viewing log files and modifying levels, refer to the vROps online help.