How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for Kubernetes accesses the Kubernetes API to import resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations Manager, enabling comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting, while providing visibility into the virtual layer within vROps.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring Kubernetes from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review theSystem Requirements (Kubernetes) and have the following information available:
- Kubernetes Hostname
- Kubernetes Bearer Token (See: Creating a Kubernetes Least-Privileged User)
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (Kubernetes).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (Kubernetes). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Kubernetes).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (Kubernetes).