Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Kubernetes from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Name list on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack.
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple instances of the Management Pack.
- Basic Settings:
- Host: Enter your Kubernetes hostname.
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (Kubernetes), or click the Add icon now to create one.
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector(s)/Groups: Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
Port: The TCP port used for communication to the Kubernetes host.Important: Do not enter a port number here unless necessary to override the following TCP ports used by default: Non-SSL: 8080; SSL: 443.
Kubelet Port: The TCP port used for communication to the Kubernetes kubelet.Important: Do not enter a port number here unless necessary to override the following TCP ports used by default: Non-SSL: 10255; SSL:10250.
- SSL Configuration: Options are No Verify (default value; SSL enabled/certificate not verified), No SSL (SSL disabled), and Verify (SSL enabled/certificate verified). If you select Verify, see: Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (Kubernetes)
- Connection Timeout: Enter the time (seconds) to allow for connecting to the target. Default value is 30 seconds.
- Collect Containers: Select whether or not you want containers collected. Default value is True.
- Collect Volumes: Select whether or not you want volumes collected. Default value is False.
- Collect from Kubelet API: Select whether you want to collect from the cAdvisor API used by the kubelets. Default value is True.
- Support Autodiscovery: When you enable autodiscovery (set to True; default setting), the Management Pack creates resources and relationships in vROps, then collects data for the discovered resources after the main collection query runs.
- Instance Settings:
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. If you encounter any Test Connection errors, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Kubernetes).
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Kubernetes).