The VMware vRealize® True Visibility™ Management Pack for Microsoft Azure SQL is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Azure Compute and SQL environments and providing predictive analysis and real-time information about problems in your cloud infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
How the Management Pack Collects Data
During each data collection cycle, the Management Pack queries the Azure REST API and opens an Azure JDBC connection (necessary for query-related metrics only) to obtain data regarding Azure resources.
The Management Pack harnesses powerful vRealize Operations features such as:
- 4 comprehensive monitoring dashboards, including:
- Microsoft Azure Overview
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Analysis
- Microsoft Azure Query Analysis
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Analysis
- 200+ collected metrics for Azure resources
- Key performance metricssuch as average CPU usage, DTU consumption, concurrent workers, concurrent sessions, and in-memory OLTP storage
- 20+ detailed alerts and recommendations
- vRealize Calculated Storage, CPU, DTU, eDTU, and DWU capacity definitionsfor Microsoft Azure SQL resources
|3.0.0||October 6, 2020||
Initial Release for VMware vRealize® True Visibility™
Known Issues / Limitations
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
- When using the Least-privileged user (or any custom user) to collect from any databases below the Premium pricing tier (i.e., Standard/Basic), certain properties, events, and metrics are not available.
- The Microsoft Azure SQL REST API has limitations on metrics available for Azure VM resources. See: available VM-related Metrics (Microsoft Azure SQL).