To create a least-privileged user (LPU) for the management pack, you must create a Cluster user with a minimum of read-only access to the SolidFire Element OS API to be used as your management pack credentials.
From the SolidFire Element OS API console, navigate to Users > Cluster Admins, then click the Create Cluster Admin button.
In the Create a New Cluster Admin window that appears, ensure that the following settings are configured:
- Select User Type: Cluster
- Enter User Details: Enter your desired username and password.
- End User License Agreement: Accept the terms of the agreement.
- Select User Permissions: A read-only user should have none of these permissions, but you must select a permission to create the user. To make a read-only user, create a user with the reporting permission, then simply edit it and remove that permission. It will be a read-only user after you save it again.
- Save your user settings. The new user should now be listed in your Cluster Admins list from the previous screen.