Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Networking Devices from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click theConfigure icon. TheManage Solutionwindow will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple instances of the Management Pack
- Basic Settings:
Management IP: A comma separated list of hostnames or IP addresses. A hostname that points to multiple ip addresses is not supported here.
- Credential: Creating a Credential (Network Devices)
- Advanced Settings:
- SNMP Port: The UDP port on which SNMP is configured on all devices (default: 161)
Timeout Interval: The amount of time before any SNMP request will fail (default: 10 seconds)Note: Lowering this value will improve performance at the cost of reliability
IP Blacklist: A comma separated list of hostnames or IP addresses. A hostname that points to multiple ip addresses is not supported here.Note: This can be used to exclude portions of a network from being discovered and collected
Discovery Distance: The maximum number of "hops" that devices will be discovered via CDP/LLDP (default: 2).Note: Example: If two other devices are between Device A and Device B, with this set to 2, Device B will not be discovered.Caution: Setting this too high can negatively effect performance.
- Support Autodiscovery: When this is set to True, Resources that were found during collection will automatically be added to vROps. This should not be set to False.
- Instance Settings:
- Test Connection Save Settings Close
What to do next
To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Network Devices)