How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for Palo Alto Networks accesses Palo Alto Network's PAN-OS to import Next-Generation Firewall resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations to enable comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting, while providing visibility into the virtual layer.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring your Palo Alto Networks devices from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review theSystem Requirements (Palo Alto Networks) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Have your Firewall hostname/IP address, username, and password available.
- Ensure you have completed Assigning User Permissions (Palo Alto Networks).
- If using SSL and you want the highest level of security available, ensure you have completed Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (Palo Alto Networks).
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (Palo Alto Networks).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (Palo Alto Networks). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Palo Alto Networks).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (Palo Alto Networks)