Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- Log in to vRealize Operations as an admin user.
- Click the Administration icon. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select PostgreSQL Adapter from the Solutions list.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple adapter instances of the Management Pack
- Basic Settings:
- Database: Optional; will connect to ‘pg_database’ and retrieve available databases. If one (or more) is specified here (comma-separated), the Management Pack will connect to that database only.
- Host: Hostname or IP address of PostgreSQL instance
- Port: Default port is 5432 (TCP); can be overridden
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (PostgreSQL).
- Advanced Settings:
- Collectors/Groups: Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- Function Count: Default = 10; enter “0” to disable
- Monitor Tables: True/False
- Order Functions By: Average Time, Calls, Total Time
- Order Queries By: Average Time, Calls, Total Time
- Query Count: Default = 10; enter “0” to disable
- SSL mode: Disable/Require
- Support Autodiscovery: Default setting is True, which enables the adapter instance to create resources for you. This should not be set to False.
- Instance Settings:
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (PostgreSQL).