This topic explains how the Management Pack for Pure Storage FlashArray works and how to get started using it.
How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for Pure Storage FlashArray accesses the Pure Storage REST API to import Pure Storage FlashArray resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations, enabling comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting, while providing visibility into the virtual layer within vROps.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring your Pure Storage FlashArray storage devices from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review theSystem Requirements (Pure Storage) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Have your Pure Storage FlashArray hostname and Directory Services user name and password available.
- Ensure you have completed Assigning Pure Storage FlashArray User Privileges (Pure Storage).
- If using SSL and you want the highest level of security available, ensure you have completed Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (Pure Storage).
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (Pure Storage).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (Pure Storage). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Pure Storage).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (Pure Storage).