The VMware vRealize® True Visibility™ Management Pack for SAP is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from critical SAP resources within your SAP environment and making it available within the vRealize Operations user interface. Extending your SAP monitoring capabilities to vROps provides insight into the performance, capacity, and health of SAP workloads running on VMware—all in one unified interface.
How the Management Pack Collects Data
During each data collection cycle, the Management Pack connects to the SAP Control WebService Interface through the Central Instance Host to retrieve data for SAP resources. This collection process allows an SAP system to find other SAP systems, as the query reaches all other hosts known through the Central Instance Host.
The Management Pack for SAP harnesses powerful vRealize Operations features such as:
- Nearly 3000 returned performance metrics for all SAP resource kinds
- 4 exportable reports for SAP health and availability, KPIs, capacities, and properties
- 14 SAP Instance Types: Gain detailed insights into the applications running in your SAP environment
- Capacity & Health Awareness: Stay ahead of issues with vROps’ predictive analytics in SAP
- Relationship Mapping: Instantly view relationships within SAP, to the VMware virtual layer, and out to your Oracle or SAP HANA databases
|4.0.0||October 6, 2020||Initial release for VMware vRealize® True Visibility™|
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
A Landscape container object must be set up in vROps manually, and super metrics must be imported, in order to make use of a SAP Landscape resource.
All hosts must be resolvable on the vROps system via DNS. For details, see: VMware KB article for remediation steps on a vApp.
For all metrics in the “Rollup Metrics” metric group of System and Host resources, note that metrics may not be calculated if descendants with those metrics are not present in your environment. This does not indicate an issue in your SAP environment; it simply means that it is not configured in such a way that the Management Pack can aggregate certain metrics.Note: Example: A System resource will only calculate the average “Dialog Front End Net Time” when it has Dual Stack Instance or ABAP Instance children with the “Front End Net Time” metric.