To leverage all vSphere Advantage capabilities, convert your vCenter Server to subscription.
When you convert your vCenter Server to subscription:
- The vCenter Server and the connected hosts get enabled for subscription.
- All hosts connected to this vCenter Server are billed to vSphere Advantage.
- Your vCenter Server can only be used with vSphere Advantage. If you want to manage hosts licensed with license keys, you cannot reuse this vCenter Server. You must deploy a new vCenter Server.
- In the vSphere Client, the license information is replaced with subscription information.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click Inventory.
- Use either of the following methods:
- Click Convert to Subscription in the notification and select the eligible vCenter Server instances.
- Click the individual vCenter Server in the List View, and then click Convert to Subscription.
- Click Convert.