Enable a vSphere Bitfusion client that is installed on a Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG) container, a different vCenter Server instance, or a bare metal machine.
To enable a client that is part of the same vCenter Server instance as your servers, see Enable the vSphere Bitfusion Client.
- Verify that you have installed a vSphere Bitfusion 2.5 server or later.
- Verify that the version of your vSphere Bitfusion client is the same version as your vSphere Bitfusion servers or earlier. See Upgrading vSphere Bitfusion.
- Verify that the vSphere Bitfusion client has network access to the servers in your cluster.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- On the Tokens tab, select New Token.
- In the Create Token dialog box, enter a description, and click Create.
- Select the token from the list, click Download, and save the tar file to your local machine.
- Copy the tar file to the filesystem of your client machine or machines.
- Extract the contents of the tar file and copy them to the following folders.
- In the terminal of the machine, add users to the Bitfusion group by running the
sudo usermod -aG bitfusion usernamecommand.
- (Optional) Verify that the users were successfully added to the vSphere Bitfusion group.
The users and their associated groups are listed.
- Log out and log in the terminal of the machine.
- In the terminal, run the groups command.
- (Optional) Verify that the vSphere Bitfusion client is working by listing the available GPUs in the vSphere Bitfusion deployment by running the bitfusion list_gpus command.