You can add additional servers to your vSphere Bitfusion cluster when you require more GPU resources. To add a new server in a vSphere Bitfusion cluster, first you deploy the vSphere Bitfusion appliance on a virtual machine (VM), enable passthrough of the GPU to the vSphere Bitfusion server VM, customize the vSphere Bitfusion OVF template, and enable the VM as vSphere Bitfusion server.
- Verify that all existing vSphere Bitfusion servers are in a healthy state.
- Verify that you deployed the vSphere Bitfusion appliance.
- Verify that you customized the vSphere Bitfusion OVF template.
- Verify that you enabled passthrough of the GPUs to the vSphere Bitfusion server VM.
- Power off the vSphere Bitfusion server VM.
- From the Hosts and Clusters view in vCenter Server, right-click the server VM.
- Select .
- In the Bitfusion Enablement dialog box, select the For a server, this will allow it to be used as a GPU server option, and click Enable.
- Power on the server VM.
When you add multiple vSphere Bitfusion servers to a cluster, you must power on the VMs in a sequential order.Note: Do not power on the VM before enabling the VM in vCenter Server. Otherwise the new vSphere Bitfusion server replaces the vSphere Client Plug-in, which eliminates the cluster, and creates a new cluster.