vSphere Bitfusion requires an ESXi host on which to install the vSphere Bitfusion server.
System Requirements for vSphere Bitfusion Server
The vSphere Bitfusion server must run on a vSphere deployment with the following system requirements.
- Тhe minimum disk space requirement for a vSphere Bitfusion server appliance is 50 GB.
- The ESXi host version, on which a vSphere Bitfusion server runs, must be 7.0 or later.
- The minimum memory requirement for a vSphere Bitfusion server is 32 GB or 150% of the total GPU memory that is installed on the server, whichever is higher.
- The minimum virtual CPU (vCPU) requirement for a vSphere Bitfusion server is the number of GPU cards multiplied by 4.
- Network supporting TCP/IP or RoCE (PVRDMA adapters).
- A minimum of 10 Gbps of bandwidth for any machine that accesses two or more GPUs.
- The latency between a client machine and a server virtual machine must be 50 microseconds or less. This is not a strict requirement, but the performance of the vSphere Bitfusion deployment is better with low latency.
- All vSphere Bitfusion servers must be connected to the same set of valid NTP servers.
Required Ports for vSphere Bitfusion Server
Verify that these ports are not blocked by using a denylist or firewall rules. They are required for communication.
Since vSphere Bitfusion 3.5, due to security concerns, the TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1 protocols are disabled by default. For more information, see Knowledge Base article 2145796.
|443||This port is used for the communication between vSphere Bitfusion and the vSphere Client.|
|7000 and 7001||This port is used by Apache Cassandra for the communication with the Cassandra cluster.|
|9042||This port is used by Apache Cassandra to communicate with the native protocol clients.|
|9142||This port is used by Apache Cassandra for the Cassandra Thrift API.|
|9160||This port is used by Apache Cassandra. The CQL native transport listens for vSphere Bitfusion clients on this port and the port is used when encrypted and unencrypted connections are required.|
|45201 - 46225||These ports are used by vSphere Bitfusion clients to communicate with the vSphere Bitfusion server processes that handle CUDA requests.|
|55001 - 55201||These ports are used by vSphere Bitfusion clients to communicate with a task specific dispatcher process that runs on the vSphere Bitfusion server. The process requests a session and starts the service workers of the vSphere Bitfusion server that handle the workload.|
|56001||This port is used for vSphere Bitfusion intercommunication. vSphere Bitfusion servers communicate with each other on this port and vSphere Bitfusion clients use this port to start a task on a vSphere Bitfusion server.|
Web Browser Requirements for vCenter Server
To use vSphere Bitfusion, you require a web browser version that is supported by vCenter Server. For more information, see vSphere Client Software Requirements.
vSphere Bitfusion Compatibility and Interoperability
For a list of versions, models, and products that are compatible with vSphere Bitfusion, see the VMware vSphere Bitfusion Compatibility and Interoperability page.