You can add a PVRDMA adapter to your vSphere Bitfusion server to improve the network performance and connections to your vSphere Bitfusion clients.
- Verify that you configured a PVRDMA distributed network in your vSphere environment. For more information, see the vSphere Networking documentation.
- Verify that you configured the first network adapter of your vSphere Bitfusion server for management traffic by using a default network adapter type such as VMXNET3.
- Verify that you are using a supported configuration for PVRDMA. See PVRDMA Requirements.
- Verify that the virtual machine (VM) of your vSphere Bitfusion server is powered off.
- Locate the virtual machine of your vSphere Bitfusion server in the vSphere Client.
- Right-click the virtual machine in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- On the Virtual Hardware tab, click the Add New Device button.
- Under Network, select Network Adapter.
- From the New Network drop-down menu, select a PVRDMA network to connect the virtual machine to.
- Expand the New Network section and from the Adapter Type drop-down menu, select a PVRDMA adapter to assign to the virtual machine.
- Change the Status setting to Connect At Power On.
- Power on the VM of your vSphere Bitfusion server.
You have successfully enabled your vSphere Bitfusion server to use a PVRDMA network adapter.