To manage vSphere Bitfusion and work with the graphical user interface of vSphere Bitfusion without using an administrator account, you must associate the
privilege.Bitfusion.Management.label privilege to a role and assign the role to a vCenter Server user.
vCenter Server administrators have all required privileges to manage vSphere Bitfusion and use the vSphere Bitfusion plug-in. For all other vCenter Server users, you must associate the
privilege.Bitfusion.Management.label privilege to a role and assign the role to the user. For more information, see Using Roles to Assign Privileges in the vSphere Security documentation.
To install and upgrade vSphere Bitfusion you must log in to the vSphere Client as an administrator. Alternatively, you can assign minimum privileges to a role and assign the role to a vCenter Server user. For more information see kB 89016.
- Verify that you have permissions to associate privileges with roles in vCenter Server.
- Verify that you have permissions to assign roles to vCenter Server users.
- Log in to your vCenter Server instance by using the vSphere Client.
- Select Administration and under Access Control, click Roles.
- Select a role from the list and click Edit.
Alternatively, you can create a role by clicking New.
- In the Edit Role dialog box, select the privilege and click Save.
- Under Access Control, select Global Permissions and click Add.
- In the Add Permission dialog box, assign the role that includes the
privilege.Bitfusion.Management.labelprivilege to a vCenter Server user.
- Select a domain.
- Enter a user or a group name.
- Select the role that includes the
- (Optional) Select or deselect the Propagate to children check box.
- Click OK.
privilege.Bitfusion.Management.labelprivilege with the selected role and assigned the role to а vCenter Server user. The user can manage vSphere Bitfusion and use the vSphere Bitfusion plug-in in vCenter Server.