By using the vSphere Bitfusion plug-in, you can configure the period that vSphere Bitfusion retains your detailed and summary usage data.
The summary usage data is an aggregated metrics dataset that requires less space on disk. You can keep summary data from 30 to 1000 days, or without expiration date. You can download summary data by using metric REST APIs.
The default detailed data retention policy is 45 days, and the summary data retention policy is 180 days. It is recommended to keep more summary usage data than detailed usage data.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- On the Settings tab, expand Time Series Defaults.
- Set a data retention time.
To keep Summary Usage Data without expiration date, you can deselect the check box.
- Select how long you keep Detailed Usage Data in vSphere Bitfusion.
- Select how long you keep Summary Usage Data in vSphere Bitfusion.
- Click Save.