Reconfigure your ESXi host to increase the usable storage capacity.
- Power off the ESXi host.
- (Optional) Modify storage disks on the host.
- Install additional physical disks.
- Replace existing disks with larger disks.
- Power on the host.
- Use the hardware RAID utility to change the RAID configuration.
- If you added physical disks, you can include all disks into a single RAID, or create a separate RAID using only the new disks.
- If you did not modify storage disks, you can use the RAID utility to change the hardware RAID level. For example, you can change RAID 10 to RAID 5 to increase space efficiency.
What to do next
Depending on whether you are using all of the physical disks in a single RAID, or adding newly installed disks as a separate RAID, your next actions vary.
|Single RAID||Reintroduce the host to the VSA cluster by using the Replace Appliance wizard.|
|Multiple RAIDs||Increase the capacity of the host's VMFS datastore by adding the new storage extent.|