When you prepare a VSA cluster for a move, you power off the cluster. This operation allows you to unplug ESXi hosts and reconfigure their networking.
About this task
Perform this procedure at the location where the VSA cluster was installed and configured.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select the datacenter that accommodates the VSA cluster, click the Manage tab, and click VSA Manager.
- On the VSA Cluster Properties pane, click the Actions button.
- Select Move Cluster.
- On the Configure Cluster page, enter static IP addresses to be used at the cluster's new location and click Next.
You cannot edit the subnet mask and gateway fields. These fields are set to the values currently configured on the ESXi hosts. You can change these parameters on the ESXi hosts after you power off the VSA cluster.
- Review the configuration information and click Move.
- Confirm that you want to start the move operation.
The wizard powers off the VSA cluster to prepare it for the move.
The VSA cluster saves the new network configuration information that you entered and is ready to be moved to a new location. Because the cluster is no longer available in the datacenter, the VSA Manager page displays the Welcome page.
What to do next
Complete the move by recovering the cluster on this or on a different vCenter Server.