Due to various reasons a VSA cluster member might stop responding even though the ESXi host is still working as expected.
A VSA cluster member stops responding or powers off, and its status changes to Offline on the VSA Manager page.
The following reasons might contribute to the Offline status of a VSA cluster members.
- Failure in the front-end network of the VSA virtual machine.
- Power failure in the ESXi host that accommodates the VSA virtual machine.
- If a VSA cluster member is not responding, right-click it and select .
The VSA cluster member reboots. Wait for its status to change to Online.
- If the VSA cluster member is powered-off, right-click it and select .
The VSA cluster member starts. Wait for its status to change to Online.
- If none of the steps above fix the issue, replace the VSA cluster member by using the Replace VSA Cluster Member wizard.