After you add physical storage to your ESXi hosts, you can grow a VSA cluster to include additional space.
Before you begin
Back up any valuable data that is located on a VSA cluster.
About this task
Perform this operation during a maintenance window while no VSA datastore I/O is occurring.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select the datacenter that accommodates the VSA cluster, click the Manage tab, and click VSA Manager.
- On the VSA Cluster Properties pane, click the Actions button.
- Select Increase Storage.
- To increase the overall VSA cluster storage capacity, specify the amount of storage you want to use and click Next.
The maximum value is based on the space currently available on the hosts. This value does not include space that VSA reserves for future upgrades and other needs.
- Review the changes and click Increase.
- Confirm that you want to increase storage capacity and click OK.