You use the vSphere Web Client to connect to a vCenter Server system in a web browser. To be able to manage VSA clusters, you need to activate VSA access for the vSphere Web Client.
- Install vSphere Web Client. For information, see the vSphere Installation and Setup documentation.
- Install the VSA Manager Appliance and register it with vCenter Server.
- On the computer where the vSphere Web Client is installed, locate the webclient.properties file. If the file is not present, create it.
The location of this file depends on the operating system on which the vSphere Web Client is installed.
Operating System File path Windows 2003 %ALLUSERSPROFILE%Application Data\VMware\vSphere Web Client Windows 2008 %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\VMware\vSphere Web Client
- Edit the file to include the following line:
- Restart the vSphere Web Client service.
On Windows operating systems, restart the VMware vSphere Web Client service.
- Open a web browser and enter the URL for the vSphere Web Client: https://client-hostname:port/vsphere-client.
The default port is 9443, but this can be changed during vSphere Web Client installation.The vSphere Web Client detects that VSA is registered with vCenter Server and retrieves necessary configuration information.
- Navigate to the VSA Manager page.
- Select a datacenter that has two or more ESXi hosts.
- Click the Manage tab and click VSA Manager.