You can upgrade vSphere Storage Appliance and its cluster components from verison 5.1.x to version 5.5 or later. A successful upgrade ensures that all appliances are upgraded from version 5.1.x to Version 5.5 or later.
About this task
The following upgrade procedure is a full upgrade of vCenter Server, vSphere Storage Appliance, and ESXi to 5.5 or later.
Back up all virtual machines that run on the VSA cluster on media other than the VSA cluster components.
Verify that the VSA cluster is up and functioning properly.
Verify that the current version of your vCenter Server is 5.1 or later.
You cannot use VSA appliances version 1.x with VSA Manager 5.5 or later.
- Upgrade VSA Manager to version 5.5 or later.
- Upgrade the existing VSA cluster. In case of a two-node cluster, the VSA cluster upgrade will also upgrade the VSA cluster service.
- (Optional) Upgrade vCenter Server.
- Place the VSA cluster into maintenance mode.
- (Optional) Upgrade ESXi hosts.
- Take the VSA cluster out of maintenance mode.
What to do next
Clear the web browser cache.