You can upgrade vSphere Storage Appliance and its cluster components from verison 5.1.x to version 5.5 or later. A successful upgrade ensures that all appliances are upgraded from version 5.1.x to Version 5.5 or later.
- Back up all virtual machines that run on the VSA cluster on media other than the VSA cluster components.
- Verify that the VSA cluster is up and functioning properly.
- Verify that the current version of your vCenter Server is 5.1 or later.
- You cannot use VSA appliances version 1.x with VSA Manager 5.5 or later.
- Upgrade VSA Manager to version 5.5 or later.
- Upgrade the existing VSA cluster. In case of a two-node cluster, the VSA cluster upgrade will also upgrade the VSA cluster service.
- (Optional) Upgrade vCenter Server.
- Place the VSA cluster into maintenance mode.
- (Optional) Upgrade ESXi hosts.
- Take the VSA cluster out of maintenance mode.
What to do next
Clear the web browser cache.