Each ESXi host in the VSA cluster must have a unique static IP address.
To avoid breaking the VSA cluster, do not change IP address after you assign them to individual hosts that form the cluster.
Work with your network administrator to allocate the static IP addresses that are required by the VSA cluster.
- In the System Customization menu, select Configure Management Network and press Enter.
- In the Configure Management Network menu, select IP Configuration and press Enter.
- In the IP Configuration dialog box, select Set static IP address and network configuration and press the spacebar.
- Type the static IP configuration in the corresponding text boxes and press Enter.
Network Field Action IP Address Enter a static IP address for the ESXi host. Subnet Mask Enter the subnet mask of the network to which the static IP address belongs. Default Gateway Enter the gateway for the subnet.
- Press Esc.
The Configure Management Network confirmation dialog box appears.
- Press Y to restart the management network and apply the new static IP address.
ESXi configures the management network with the static IP address that you assigned.