The Virtual Machine Monitoring feature uses the heartbeat information that VMware Tools captures as a proxy for guest operating system availability. This feature allows vSphere HA to reset or restart individual virtual machines that have lost their ability to send a heartbeat.
About this task
The VM Monitoring page appears only if you enabled vSphere HA.
- In the vSphere Web Client, browse to the vSphere HA cluster.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Settings, select vSphere HA and click the Edit button.
- Expand VM Monitoring to display the configuration options.
- Select VM Monitoring Only to restart individual virtual machines if their heartbeats are not received within a set time.
You can select VM and Application Monitoringto enable application monitoring also.
- Set the virtual machine monitoring sensitivity by moving the slider between Low and High.
- (Optional) : Select Custom to provide custom settings.
- Click OK.