By default, daemon processes start when any of their ports are opened and stop when all of their ports are closed. You can change this startup policy for the selected service or client.
- Log in to a vCenter Server system using the vSphere Web Client.
- Select the host in the inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Security Profile.
- In the Firewall section, click Properties.
The Firewall Properties dialog box lists all the services and management agents you can configure for the host.
- Select the service or management agent to configure and click Options.
The Startup Policy dialog box determines when the service starts. This dialog box also provides information about the current state of the service and provides an interface for manually starting, stopping, or restarting the service.
- Select a policy from the Startup Policy list.
- Click OK.