When you configure your independent hardware iSCSI adapters, make sure that their names and IP addresses are formatted properly.
Before you begin
- Access the iSCSI Initiator Properties dialog box.
- Click Configure.
- To change the default iSCSI name for your adapter, enter the new name.
Make sure the name you enter is worldwide unique and properly formatted or some storage devices might not recognize the iSCSI adapter.
- (Optional) : Enter the iSCSI alias.
The alias is a name that you use to identify the independent hardware iSCSI adapter.
- Change the default IP settings.
You must change the default IP settings so that they are configured properly for the IP SAN. Work with your network administrator to determine the IP setting for the HBA.
- Click OK to save your changes.
If you change the iSCSI name, it will be used for new iSCSI sessions. For existing sessions, new settings will not be used until logout and re-login.