A vSphere standard switch serves as a container for port configurations that use a common set of network adapters, including sets that contain no network adapters at all. Each virtual switch provides a finite number of ports through which virtual machines and network services can reach one or more networks.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the host from the inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Networking.
- On the right side of the page, click Properties for the standard switch that you want to edit.
- Click the Ports tab.
- Select the standard switch item in the Configuration list, and click Edit.
- Click the General tab.
- Choose the number of ports that you want to use from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Changes will not take effect until the system is restarted.