When you add a Network adapter (NIC) to a virtual machine, you select the adapter type, the network connection, and whether the device should connect when the virtual machine is powered on.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Hardware tab and click Add.
- Select Ethernet Adapter, and click Next.
- Select an adapter type from the drop-down menu.
- In the Network connection panel, select either a named network with a specified label or a legacy network.
- To connect the virtual NIC when the virtual machine is powered on, select Connect at power on.
- Click Next.
- Review your selections and click Finish.
- Click OK to save your changes.