You can change the percentage of space allocated for host cache or disable the host's ability to swap to host cache.
You must have an SSD-backed datastore in your inventory.
- In the vSphere Client, select the host in the inventory.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Under Software, click Host Cache Configuration.
- Select the datastore in the list and click Properties.
- Select a size for the host cache allocation on the drive.
- To disable the ability for the host to swap to host cache on a per-datastore basis, deselect the Allocate space for host cache check box.
- Click OK.