If a scratch partition is not set up, you might want to configure one, especially if low memory is a concern. When a scratch partition is not present, vm-support output is stored in a ramdisk.
The directory to use for the scratch partition must exist on the host.
- Use the vSphere Client to connect to the host.
- Select the host in the Inventory.
- In the Configuration tab, select Software.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select ScratchConfig.
The field ScratchConfig.CurrentScratchLocation shows the current location of the scratch partition.
- In the field ScratchConfig.ConfiguredScratchLocation, enter a directory path that is unique for this host.
- Reboot the host for the changes to take effect.