You can change the power-on connection setting, the MAC address, and the network connection for the virtual network adapter configuration for a virtual machine.
for editing the MAC address and network.
Connect and Connect at power on.for changing
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Hardware tab and select the appropriate NIC in the Hardware list.
- (Optional) To connect the virtual NIC when the virtual machine is powered on, select Connect at power on.
- (Optional) Click the blue information icon under DirectPath I/O to view details regarding the virtual NIC's DirectPath I/O status and capability.
- Select an option for MAC address configuration.
vSphere assigns a MAC address automatically.
Type the MAC address to use.
- Configure the Network Connection for the virtual NIC.
The virtual NIC connects to a standard or distributed port group. Select the port group for the virtual NIC to connect to from the Network label drop-down menu.
The virtual NIC connects to a specific port on a vSphere distributed switch. This option appears only when a vSphere distributed switch is available.
Click Switch to advanced settings.
Select a vSphere distributed switch for the virtual NIC to use from the VDS drop-down menu.
Type the Port ID of the distributed port for virtual NIC to connect to.
- Click OK to save your changes.