You can connect the DVD/CD-ROM device to an ISO file that is stored on a datastore accessible to the host.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Hardware tab and select the DVD/CD-ROM drive.
- Select or deselect the Connected check box to connect or disconnect the device.
- If you do not want the CD-ROM drive connected when the virtual machine starts, deselect Connect at power on.
- Select Datastore ISO File under Device Type and click Browse to navigate to the file.
- In the drop-down menu under Virtual Device Node, select the node the drive uses in the virtual machine.
- Click OK to save your changes.