You can change the connection speed and duplex of an uplink adapter.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the host from the inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Networking.
- Select a standard switch and click Properties.
- Click the Network Adapters tab.
- To change the configured speed and duplex value of a network adapter, select the network adapter and click Edit.
- To select the connection speed manually, select the speed and duplex from the drop-down menu.
Choose the connection speed manually if the NIC and a physical switch might fail to negotiate the proper connection speed. Symptoms of mismatched speed and duplex include low bandwidth or no link connectivity.
The adapter and the physical switch port it is connected to must be set to the same value, such as auto and auto or ND and ND, where ND is some speed and duplex, but not auto and ND.
- Click OK.