You create a new Host Profile by extracting the designated reference host's configuration.
About this task
You can also extract a host profie by navigating to the specific host or cluster.
Verify that you have a working vSphere installation and at least one completely and properly configured host that will act as the reference host.
- Navigate to the Host profiles view.
- Click the Extract Profile from a Host icon ().
- Select the host that will act as the reference host and click Next.
The selected host must be a valid host.
- Type the name and enter a description for the new profile and click Next.
- Review the summary information for the new profile and click Finish.
The new profile appears in the profile list.