In the event of a compliance failure, use the Remediate function to apply the Host Profile settings onto the host. This action changes all Host Profile managed parameters to the values contained in the Host Profile attached to the host.
Before you begin
Verify that the profile is attached to the host and the host is in maintenance mode. Since some changes can impact host operation or resource availability, a host must be in maintenance mode to remediate. This ensures that no virtual machines are impacted by any host-level parameter changes.
- Navigate to the profile you want to remediate to the host.
- Select the Monitor tab, then click Compliance.
- Right-click the host or hosts that you want remediated and select
- (Optional) : You can update or change the user input parameters for the Host Profiles policies by customizing the host, and clickNext.
See Host Profiles and vSphere Auto Deploy in the vSphere Web Client for more information about vSphere Auto Deploy.
- Review the tasks that are necessary to remediate the Host Profile and click Finish.
The compliance status is updated.