In order to remove the policy-managed configuration from a host or cluster, that host or cluster must be detached from the Host Profile.
About this task
When a Host Profile is attached to a cluster, the host or hosts within that cluster are also attached to the Host Profile. However, when the Host Profile is detached from the cluster, the association between the host or host within the cluster and that Host Profile remains.
- From the Profile List in the Host Profiles main view, select the Host Profile to be detached from a host or cluster.
- Click the Attach/Detach Hosts and clusters to a host profile icon ().
- Select the host or cluster from the expanded list and click Detach.
The host or cluster is added to the Attached Entities list.
- (Optional) : Click Detach All to detach all listed hosts and clusters from the profile.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete attaching the host or cluster to the profile.