You can configure the power-on connection setting, the MAC address, and the network connection of the virtual network adapter of a virtual machine.
Before you begin
for editing the MAC address and network.
Connect and Connect at power on.for changing
- Click Virtual Machines in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the list and select Edit settings from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Virtual Hardware tab and select the appropriate Network Adapter (NIC) from the hardware list.
- (Optional) : To connect the virtual NIC when the virtual machine is powered on, select Connect at power on.
- Select an option for MAC address configuration.
vSphere assigns a MAC address automatically.
Enter the MAC address to use.
- Click Save.