By default, hosts provisioned with Auto Deploy are assigned DHCP addresses by a DHCP server. You can use the Auto Deploy host customization mechanism to assign static IP addresses to hosts.
Before you begin
Set up your Auto Deploy environment.
Boot the host using Auto Deploy.
Extract a host profile from the host.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the vCenter Server that manages the Auto Deploy host, select Rules and Profiles, and select Host Profiles.
- Right-click the host profile you just extracted and click Edit Settings.
- Use the default name and description and click Next.
- Change the default IP address settings by clicking .
- From the IPv4 address drop-down menu, select User specified IP address to be used while applying the configuration.
- If the host is in a different subnet than the vCenter Server system, select and supply the default route in the Default IPv4 gateway field.
- Select Flag indicating if DHCP should be used check box is deselected. . In the DNS settings field, make sure the
- Right-click the host and select .
- Select the profile to attach and click Next.
- Provide the IP address and netmask and click Finish.
- Reboot the ESXi host.
The IP address is saved as a host customization and applied to the host.