The required vCenter Server component tc Server is installed or upgraded silently when you install or upgrade vCenter Server. You can also install or upgrade vCenter Server tc Server separately.
By using the separate installer, you can update or upgrade vCenter Server tc Server to a version that is released asynchronously from vCenter Server releases. If an earlier version of vCenter Server tc Server is present on the system, this procedure upgrades the existing vCenter Server tc Server version.
- Verify that Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or later is present on your system.
- Download the vCenter Server installer from the VMware downloads page at http://www.vmware.com/support/ and extract the zip archive.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the file vCenter_Server_installation_directory/vtcServer/VMware-tcserver.exe.
The VMware vCenter Server - tc Server installer wizard opens.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Accept or change the default installation folder.
- Click Install.
vCenter Server tc Server is installed or upgraded.