The Client Integration Plug-in provides access to a virtual machine's console in the vSphere Web Client, and provides access to other vSphere infrastructure features.
You use the Client Integration Plug-in to deploy OVF or OVA templates and transfer files with the datastore browser. You can also use the Client Integration Plug-in to connect virtual devices that reside on a client computer to a virtual machine.
Install the Client Integration Plug-in only once to enable all the functionality the plug-in delivers. You must close the Web browser before installing the plug-in.
If you install the Client Integration Plug-in from an Internet Explorer browser, you must first disable Protected Mode and enable pop-up windows on your Web browser. Internet Explorer identifies the Client Integration Plug-in as being on the Internet instead of on the local intranet. In such cases, the plug-in is not installed correctly because Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet.
You cannot launch the virtual machine console in Internet Explorer without the Client Integration Plug-in. In other supported browsers, the virtual machine console can run without the plug-in.
The Client Integration Plug-in also lets you log in to the vSphere Web Client by using Windows session credentials.
For information about supported browsers and operating systems, see the vSphere Installation and Setup documentation.
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, disable Protected Mode.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to a link to download the Client Integration Plug-in.
Option Description vSphere Web Client login page
Note: If the Client Integration Plug-In is already installed on your system, you will not see the link to download the plug-in. If you uninstall the Client Integration Plug-In, the link to download it will display on the vSphere Web Client login page.
- Open a Web browser and type the URL for the vSphere Web Client.
- At the bottom of the vSphere Web Client login page, click Download Client Integration Plug-in.
Guest OS Details panel
This option is not available for browsers that run on a Mac OS.
- Select a virtual machine in the inventory and click the Summary tab.
- Click Download Plug-in.
OVF deployment wizard
- Select a host in the inventory and select .
- Click Download Client Integration Plug-in.
Virtual machine console
This option is not available for Microsoft Internet Explorer, and for browsers that run on a Mac OS.
- Select a virtual machine in the inventory, click the Summary tab, and click Launch Console.
- At the top right corner of the virtual machine console window, click Download Client Integration Plugin.
- If the browser blocks the installation either by issuing certificate errors or by running a pop-up blocker, follow the Help instructions for your browser to resolve the problem.