If a scratch partition is not set up, you might want to configure one, especially if low memory is a concern. When a scratch partition is not present, vm-support output is stored in a ramdisk.
The directory to use for the scratch partition must exist on the host.
- From the vSphere Web Client, connect to the vCenter Server.
- Select the host in the inventory.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Select Settings.
- Select Advanced System Settings.
The setting ScratchConfig.CurrentScratchLocation shows the current location of the scratch partition.
- In the field ScratchConfig.ConfiguredScratchLocation, enter a directory path that is unique for this host.
- Reboot the host for the changes to take effect.