Some highly secure environments do not permit unconfigured hosts on the network to be powered on. You can configure the host before you attach the host to the network.
Verify that no network cables are connected to the host.
- Power on the host.
- Use the direct console to configure the password for the administrator account (root).
- Use the direct console to configure a static IP address.
- Connect a network cable to the host.
- (Optional) Use the vSphere Web Clientto connect to a vCenter Server system.
- (Optional) Add the host to the vCenter Server inventory.