You can direct one or more vCenter Server Appliances to use a vCenter Single Sign-On instance running on another virtual machine. This action makes all the vCenter Server instances accessible by each vSphere Web Client configured with the same vCenter Single Sign-On instance.
You can also set a new vCenter Server Appliance to use an external vCenter Single Sign-On instance when you run the vCenter Server Setup wizard for a newly deployed vCenter Server Appliance. See Download and Deploy the VMware vCenter Server Appliance.
- Verify that you have the URL of the Lookup Service for the target instance of vCenter Single Sign-On.
- Connect to the vCenter Server Appliance from a Web browser.
- On the vCenter Server tab, click SSO.
- Set the SSO deployment type to external.
- Under Lookup service location, type the URL of the Lookup Service for the target instance of vCenter Single-Sign On.
The new vCenter Server Appliance is configured to use the existing vCenter Single Sign-On instance, and both vCenter Server instances are accessible by the vSphere Web Client of either vCenter Server Appliance.
What to do next
You can repeat this procedure for multiple vCenter Server Appliances.